Professional Services in Litigation and Consultation
• Chemical fingerprinting of environmental contamination.
• Benzene content of chemical and petroleum products.
• Assessment and control of trace hazardous contaminants in workplace air.
• Chemical and petroleum manufacturing technology.
• Intellectual property management.
• Chemistry of highly reactive and self-decomposing compounds, and runaway reactions.
• Fire and explosion cause and origin analysis.
• Air pollution and air pollution control.
• Fuels and chemicals technology, product quality, manufacturing standards, industry practices, design and economics.
KSE has a staff of well trained scientists and engineers experienced in expert consulting. Dr. Kittrell has provided or supervised expert testimony in about 70 cases, with recent depositions, court appearances, and arbitration testimony.
KSE offers technical expert litigation services associated with explosions and fires in petroleum refineries, natural gas plants, chemical plants, and related facilities. Scope of services include development and assessment of fire and explosion causation, forensic analysis, assessment of industry standards and practices, and proper operation practices.
Expert services are also provided for Superfund environmental site contamination and economic losses associated with business interruption claims. Discovery services, issues review and similar services are available.
KSE staff are experienced in evaluations of the operations, design, safety and environmental impact of petroleum and chemicals manufacturing, handling, and storage. They have managed projects to evaluate the safety, operability, and environmental impact of emerging process technologies as well as existing manufacturing, transportation, and storage facilities. KSE operates a process development laboratory, for development and license of technology and intellectual property associated with the chemicals, energy, and environmental industries.